So ashamed to have written more than one of these “I’m still alive” posts. But, yeah I’m still alive.
I’ve barely seen anyone in months, except for my classmates and occasionally my family.
So what have I been up to?
- * painted my room – tried once with Stacey and it was an utter failure (really, really bad). In our defense, the paint looked white while wet, and the wall was white, so we couldn’t really see what was going on. Then it dried white, then looked green for maybe 5 minutes and then looked dark blue (fail). After whining about the color my roommate came home and says “love the blue!” (epic fail). So I repainted on Valentines Day (yes I did), and the wall still looks white, green or blue depending on the time of day.
- * presented my very own research at forum entitled in The Social Determinants of Health: A Discussion of the Relationship Between Marriage and Health Outcomes in African-American Communities in Washington, DC. I was soo nervous, I was literally shaking. It was crazy! But I rocked it out. I even made a joke in the beginning about wife’s keeping their husbands alive and the crowd loved it. And then I was ok, well, no I was still nervous and speed-talked but then I saw Mincy giving me the slow down sign and then I got control over myself and finished. I thought about posting the power point, but I don’t know that anyone (other than my mom) would be interested in.
- * My first chapter, which then turned into my first article is going to be published finally! Well either in August or September but in the 2010. I can’t believe it. 2 years and it’s almost over. Oh yeah!
- * I made (and by made, I mean printed, cut and taped to my wall) this super call wall feature. Pic coming soon.
- * cooking – I love it. It saves money. It’s fun, it’s rewarding. Unless I cook something bad, because there is always too much, and my roommate never helps me eat the bad stuff (I don’t blame her). Trying to find low calorie meals that are really tasty is challenging at times, but I’m rolling with it. Not surprisingly, I find something I like and then eat it every day for 3 weeks straight. I’m currently going through a grilling phase but I know I shouldn’t each chicken wings every day… but they are so tasty (especially with this new grill seasoning I got).
- * getting healthy – It’s an ongoing process. My weight yo-yos. Sometimes I eat super healthy, sometimes I eat crap, some weeks I go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, sometimes I skip it all together. Oh and I keep spraining my ankle, this probably has to do with the fact that I barely do rehab exercises or let it heal fully. All in all, I try to be forgiving of myself and honestly, that’s always that hard part.
- * dating, well wouldn’t you like to know? no but for real, there’s no time for that right now.
- * gardening – last summer the apartment a couple of floors below us had this amazing balcony garden. from the street, it looks amazing. I don’t know that I want all that, i just want to grow some herbs and hopefully some string beans (it is sooo hard to find good ones). i really wish i could grow grapefruit ( i have to have them every day).